The Avon Chamber of Commerce strives to provide member businesses with the information and resources they need to succeed. Whether it's economic data, certificates of origin, notary services, or best practices information, members can find it here.
- For information about why you should choose Avon, IN to open your business:
Choose Avon Indiana
- The Town of Avon Building Department oversees all construction activity in the Town. For information about building & sign permits and Zoning Code compliance within the Town of Avon, go to
Town of Avon Building Department page
- The Avon Washington Township Library is one of the largest libraries in Hendricks County. It offers a wealth of resources for residents and visitors. The library also offers Gale Courses to a library card holder in good standing. These courses offers a wide range of highly interactive, instructor led courses that you can take entirely online. You are entitled to these courses at no cost. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month.
- For information regarding building and sign permits outside of the Town limits:
Hendricks County Building Department page
- Economic Development in Hendricks County - The mission of the Hendricks County Economic Development Partnership (HCEDP) is to compete effectively for quality economic development throughout Hendricks County by providing unified, proactive public/private leadership.
- Visit Hendricks County - Get a glimpse into why Hendricks County Indiana is the perfect choice for tourism.
- Hendricks County Health Department - To obtain assistance with determining the facility, equipment and food handling requirements associated with starting a food business.
For information about choosing the type of business you form, registering your business with the state and other business issues.
- Indiana Secretary of State Business Division - Indiana's One Stop Source for your Business
- Business Owner's Guide
- Indiana Small Business Development Center(ISBDC) - Their mission is to have a positive and measurable impact on the formation, growth, and sustainability of small businesses in Indiana, and to develop a strong entrepreneurial community through no-cost business advising, training and a library of tools & resources. Ready to start your business? Learn more!
- Guide to Starting your Business
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - Tax information for businesses.
- Your Role as an Employer - Find answers to your questions about business and workers.
- Immigration and Naturalization Services/Working in the US - Employers must verify that an individual whom they plan to employ or continue to employ in the United States is authorized to accept employment in the United States. Forms and employment verification requirements.
Free Business Counseling and Other Resources Available
- The Indianapolis Chapter of SCORE is part of a national non-profit association [SCORE.org] dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth and success of the nation’s small business. SCORE volunteers serve as “Counselors to America’s Small Business." SCORE volunteers are real-world professionals with time-tested knowledge who donate thousands of hours to help small business succeed. Counselors are experts in such areas as accounting, finance, marketing, management, manufacturing and business plan preparation. We provide no-cost, confidential business counseling tailored to meet the needs of your business and your personal objectives. SCORE also offers workshops and seminars for a modest fee, for both start-up entrepreneurs and existing businesses looking for a fresh perspective and renewed focus for their business.
- Demographics to help with your business plan
- STARTING YOUR BUSINESS - Ready to start your Indiana LLC? Here's everything you need to know.
ZenBusiness - offers tools, guidance and expertise to help you be your own boss
- LinkedIn for Small Business - Here are tools that are currently being leveraged at universities, libraries, and employment resource centers across the country. These tools are great for members searching for jobs, researching salary or diversifying income through freelance work.
- Trademark Search